AfterPxrty a producer/ Artist from Grand Rapids, MI U.S.A. He has many influeneces from A tribe called quest, Jay Z, Nas and Wu tang. He has charted on the iTunes Charts in 16 different countries. After his project "May the Saints Say Amen" that released last April he decided to get back to work and create a 6 track LP named after an exclusive yacht club in his hometown called " East Grand Rapids Yacht Club"
Thank you for answering our questions on #FAC!
1) When did you start music and what triggered your love for Hip Hop?
I first started about 11 years old I wrote my first rhyme then but as far as taking it seriously I was 18 after I saw Kanye West Glow in the Dark tour I knew I wanted to do music for life
2) When did you start producing and how did you start producing; who where your influences?
I started producing at 18 and my biggest influences were the neptunes, RZA, and Q-tip
3) Where did you grow up and what is your best memory growing up?
I grew up in Grand Rapids, Michigan and my best memory growing up was playing MTV cribs in my basement with my friends
4) Besides being an up and coming artist and producer with a growing fan base and buzz how do you stay busy?
I read a lot definitely when I just have time I just like to read and be with my own thoughts just exploring new things and ideas.
5) how did you get your name AfterPxrty?
I'm a huge Jodeci fan and one day the title of their third album "The Show, The AfterParty, The Hotel stuck out to me and I kept playing the AfterParty in my head and was just like this should be my rap name I feel it and I just added the X in their to give it that flair to stand out
6) What success means to you?
Success means to me just being able to do what you want in peace and have peace in what you're doing. If you love what you're doing and happy then you're successful in my opinion.
Manifestation is preceded by an intense desire.
We're always rich because we do what we love to do - FAC